you as an additional tool to assist you with money management.
Seven Steps to Better Money Management
Eight Simple Steps for Balancing your Checkbook
Effective Strategies for Saving
Debt Reduction Strategies
Personal Budget Planning
Money Management References
For more information on effective money management and financial fitness,
consider the books and web sites listed below.
- Pay It Down by Jean Sherman Chatzky. November 2004, Penguin Books, Inc., ISBN:1591840635
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke (Hardcover)
by Suze Orman, March 2005, Putnam Publishing Group; ISBN: 1-57322-2976
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy
By Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. and William D. Danko, November 28, 2000, Pocket Books; ISBN: 0743420373
- How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt and Live Prosperously
By Jerrold Mundis, April 1990, Bantam Books; ISBN: 0553283960
- Credit Card Debt: Reduce Your Financial Burden in Three Easy Steps
By Alexander Daskaloff (April 1999) Avon; ISBN: 0380807009
- Slash Your Debt - Save Money and Secure Your Future
By Gerri Detweiler, Marc Eisenson, and Nancy Castleman, October 1999 Financial Literacy Center; ISBN: 0965963837
- 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying
By Suze Orman, 1st edition (December 15, 2000) Three Rivers Press; ISBN: 0609801864
Site provides 10 Steps to Financial Fitness and tips for creating budgets, and establishing savings. Features a Savings Calculator and test to help you gauge your current financial situation.
This government sponsored website provides additional helpful resources for retirement planning and financial fitness, including free online calculators.
This site provides a free download Debt Reduction Calculator that allows you to determine the amounts you should be paying towards each of your debts and calculates the money you will save by paying your debts in the recommended order. Additionally, the program tells you when each of your debts will be paid off.
This is the home site for the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, a national non-profit network of 1,450 Member agencies designed to provide assistance to people dealing with stressful financial situations. The site provides links and information for financial counseling, debt planner tools, and other helpful websites.